Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Decorating!!

T-minus 11 days and counting until I officially go back!! And only 14 days until students come...agh!! But I have been busy getting things ready. Last week I worked on repainting many of the shelves in my room so they match and the room will {hopefully} feel more put together.

Here are the shelves before...some black, some white
 and hey, there's a red one back there too!

But now most of them are the same color, yay! Oops, apparently I didn't take a picture of all the freshly painted shelves. But four of them are now a bright blue and then there's still a white one. But I found blue bins to put on it so it ties in nicely.
This picture is all math stuff. Stations will go in the blue bins and materials will be in the white drawers. Daily data is on the white board and then there's my beloved calendar.=) And do you see that recovered office chair by the computer? I saved it from the school attic last summer and covered the nasty orange scratchy fabric and I've loved it, so much so that...


This little guy that I picked up for $3.00 at a garage sale back in the spring is now being transformed. Only halfway there, but here's the progress so far.

So now I'll have two precious and matchy-matchy chairs! I think my lessons will be so much better with these guys, don't you?

9 comments:

  1. Super cute chairs!!!!!!!!!!! And I have A LOT of blue in my room, too! :)
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chairs are so stinkin ADORABLE!!!

    http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Love the math area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair! Love the math area! Love it all! You have a great eye! Classroom Fashionista!
    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea with the white shelf. I love how it is different but the same. :)

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking awesome! Love the recovered chair!
    Cyndy
    Counting with Coffee

    ReplyDelete